Over a period of time, Selenium has emerged as one of the leading test automation tools in the world and there is a huge rush for selenium training courses in the recent times. There are many selenium training courses to cater to the need of ever increasing demand. Selenium videos and selenium interview questions are the two forms of study materials provided in online selenium tutorials. Selenium interview questions cover the entire subject in the form of simple questions and answers format which is very easy to understand and helps as a referral book in the future. Here are Top 10 Selenium Interview Questions & Answers for ready referrals.
1.What is Selenium?
Selenium is a test automation set of tools for testing web based applications.
And it consists of Selenium IDE, a component of Selenium testing Suite which provides recording, editing and debugging. It is implemented as a firefox plug-in. Besides
Selenium IDE, it contains Selenium webdriver and RC.Webdriver and RC provide various APIs for a variety of languages including java, python, C#, and PHP. There is Selenium grid also besides these components which help to conduct parallel tests across machines and browsers at the same time.
- What are Selenium 2.0 and 3.0?
Selenium RC and Webdriver are consolidated in a single tool in Selenium 2.0 and Selenium 3.0 is the latest version of Selenium.
- How can you find elements in Selenium?
In Selenium there are different locators to find elements on the web page and they are as follows
- Link text
- Partial Link text
- What are the test types supported by Selenium?
Selenium is used to test web based applications and it can be used for functional and regression tests.
- What are the technical challenges of Selenium?
- Only web based applications can be tested using Selenium
- Selenium will not support bitmap comparison
- Third party tools are needed for reporting and related activities.
- Being a free tool, there is no official technical support.
- Maintaining objects is difficult in selenium as there is no object repository concept.
- What is the difference between Verify and assert commands?
Assert commands helps to check whether a specific element is on the web page or not. If the element is not available, the test will be stopped. However, when you use “Verify” command, even if the element is not available, the test will continue until the end.
- What are JUnit Annotations?
A special form of syntactic data added to the source code in Java is called as annotations.
- What are the advantages of Selenium?
- Selenium is free and open source
- It supports different programming languages
- It is compatible with multiple browsers and platforms
- A vast community of experts is available for round the clock technical support.
- It is highly user-friendly and fast also.
- What is “Same Origin Policy”?
Same origin policy is a security measure to ensure that the contents of a website are not accessible by the script of another site. This policy ensures that any code loaded within the browser will work only within the website’s domain.
- How can a form be submitted in Selenium?
The form can be submitted using “Submit” method and also can be submitted using “Click” method on the element.